Zone Change, ODP, and SDP at 4990 Parfet St (Axis 70 West)
This meeting will be conducted as a virtual meeting, meaning no participant will be at City Hall. Provide public comment here on Wheat Ridge Speaks until noon on December 2 (the day before the meeting) by selecting the agenda item on which you want to comment. Refer to the meeting agenda and "how to" document to learn more about participating in the live meeting or to view the meeting live or later.
Public Meeting Video
Planned Development Review Criteria
An amendment to a planned development is processed as a zone change. Per Section 26-303 of the City Code, the planning commission and city council shall base their decision in consideration of the extent to which the applicant demonstrates the following criteria have been met. An analysis of these criteria are provided in the staff report linked above.
1. The change of zone promotes the health, safety, and general welfare of the community and will not result in a significant adverse effect on the surrounding area; and
2. The development proposed on the subject property is not feasible under any other zone district, and would require an unreasonable number of variances or waivers and conditions; and
3. Adequate infrastructure/facilities are available to serve the types of uses allowed by the change of zone, or the applicant will upgrade and provide such where they do not exist or are under capacity; and
4. At least one (1) of the following conditions exists:
a. The change of zone is in conformance, or will bring the property into conformance with, the City of Wheat Ridge comprehensive plan goals, objectives and policies, and other city-approved policies or plans for the area.
b. The existing zone classification currently recorded on the official zoning maps of the City of Wheat Ridge is in error.
c. A change of character in the area has occurred or is occurring to such a degree that it is in the public interest to encourage redevelopment of the area or to recognize the changing character of the area.
d. The proposed rezoning is necessary in order to provide for a community need that was not anticipated at the time of the adoption of the City of Wheat Ridge comprehensive plan.
Specific Development Plan Review Criteria
Per Section 26-305 of the City Code, the planning commission and city council shall base their decision in consideration of the extent to which the applicant demonstrates that all of the following criteria have been met. An analysis of these criteria are provided in the staff report linked above.
1. The proposed specific development plan is consistent with the purpose of a planned development as stated in section 26-301 of this article; and
2. The proposed specific development plan is consistent with the design intent or purpose of the approved outline development plan; and
3. The proposed uses indicated in the specific development plan are consistent with the uses approved by the outline development plan; and
4. The site is appropriately designed and is consistent with the development guidelines established in the outline development plan; and
5. Adequate infrastructure/facilities are available to serve the subject property, or the applicant will upgrade and provide such where they do not exist or are under capacity; and
6. The proposed specific development plan is in substantial compliance with the applicable standards set forth in the Architectural and Site Design Manual, Streetscape Design Manual, and other applicable design standards.
Your Question has been submitted.