Approved - by City Council
Annexation of 52nd Ave between Ward Rd and Tabor St
Improvements to 52nd Avenue were specifically included in the 2016 2E ballot language for the sales tax bond measure. Jefferson County is requesting the City annex two segments of 52nd Avenue right-of-way to simplify the design, construction and future maintenance of 52nd Avenue.
Public Meeting Video
The annexation process is dictated by state statute, and all proposed annexations must be in compliance with the following criteria from CRS § 31-12-104:
- At least 1/6 of the boundary of the land sought to be annexed is contiguous with the current City boundary;
- That a community of interest exists between the area proposed to be annexed and the annexing municipality;
- That the area is urban or will be urban in the near future;
- That said area is or is capable of being integrated with the annexing municipality; and
- More than 50% of the owners of more than 50% of the land sought to be annexed, excluding rights-of-way, sign the annexation petition.
0 new comments
Your Question has been submitted.